Welcome to the 2020-2021 School Year:
The PTSA is here for SAST not just during the ordinary, fun times but also during these extraordinary times. Although our sweet school is now spilt between digital and on-site, and our volunteer efforts cannot currently look the same as usual, we’re still here, working to support SAST families and staff.
- We continue to accept and review mini-grant requests from SAST teachers and staff. These provide funding for learning materials, classroom supplies, and professional development.
- We are discussing ways the PTSA can help our families safely connect and build community.
- We will continue to shower our teachers with support and love.
Stay tuned for more information. Please stay safe and balanced. And please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com with questions, comments, requests, etc. This time of social distancing will one day be a memory. When our SAST family can be together again we will have many more fun events to share.
The 2019-2020 Jenny Maddox Service Award Goes to…
We want to thank and congratulate our super volunteer, Shauna Smith. She is the recipient of the 2019-2020 Jenny Maddox Service Award!
Thank you for all you do, Shauna!
SAST Reopening Plan Frequently Asked Questions
On July 15th, 2020 we hosted three Q&A sessions with SAST administrators about the reopening plan. Here are the most frequently asked questions and their answers. We hope this can help answer some of your questions.
We have limited stock of some of our awesome spirit wear! Check the current stock here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uPlOK54GLlMPDV5a5UgaQbwmBcTr2EAJGyqWVwzdk84/edit#gid=0
Please message us about purchasing one of these shirts. Youth sizes are $15 and adult sizes are $18. firstname.lastname@example.org
The SAST PTSA couldn’t do what we do without the help and financial contributions from our amazing parents! With this support, the PTSA has been able to:
- Expand and improve our gorgeous play spaces.
- Provide mini-grants to teachers: helping fund field trips, classroom materials (rockets!), and professional development
- Host fun and enriching activities such as Family Reading Night, Family Movie Night, Game Night, and Skate Night
- Bring enriching programs such as the Reflections Art Program
- Make our teachers feel loved every Teacher Appreciation Week
- Fuel our kids with healthy snacks during testing
- Provide snacks to our teachers when they stay late for meetings
Do you have special interests or skills you’d like to share with us? Let us know! Are you limited in where or when you can volunteer? Let us help match you with a volunteer position that best suites you. Volunteering is a fantastic way to get to know other parents, show your children that you support their school, and keep these events running! We have volunteer opportunities for everyone: on-campus, and off, before and after school hours.
- Community Building
- Provide Free Family Programing to Promote Family Engagement
- Raise Funds to Support Teachers and Students
- Educate and Inform Parents on Issues Facing Charter Schools
PTSA Executive Board Members:
President: Michele Lorch
VP of Programming: Missy Raffensperger
VP Ways and Means: Kristin Schlorholtz
Corresponding Secretary: Casie Jimenez-Moran
Recording Secretary: Anne Marie Kovacik
Treasurer: Dina Kamen