We’re looking forward to the 2022-2023 Schoolyear!
Thank you for stopping by our table for coffee and donuts on the first day! It was so nice to see families on campus again!
Introducing the 2022-2023 PTSA Executive Board:
President: LeAnn Lett
VP Programming: Casie Jimenez-Moran
VP Ways and Means: Kristin Schlorholtz
Recording Secretary: Staci Ketterer
Corresponding Secretary: Shiloh Elliot
Treasurer: Elaine Almon
The SAST PTSA couldn’t do what we do without the help and financial contributions from our amazing parents! With this support, the PTSA has been able to:
- Expand and improve our gorgeous play spaces.
- Provide mini-grants to teachers: helping fund field trips, classroom materials (rockets!), and professional development
- Host fun and enriching activities such as Family Reading Night, Family Movie Night, Game Night, and Skate Night
- Bring enriching programs such as the Reflections Art Program
- Make our teachers feel loved every Teacher Appreciation Week
- Fuel our kids with healthy snacks during testing
- Provide snacks to our teachers when they stay late for meetings
Do you have special interests or skills you’d like to share with us? Let us know! Are you limited in where or when you can volunteer? Let us help match you with a volunteer position that best suites you. Volunteering is a fantastic way to get to know other parents, show your children that you support their school, and keep these events running! We have volunteer opportunities for everyone: on-campus, and off, before and after school hours.
- Community Building
- Provide Free Family Programing to Promote Family Engagement
- Raise Funds to Support Teachers and Students
- Educate and Inform Parents on Issues Facing Charter Schools
A Review of the 2022-2023 School Year:
Our annual Dragon Dash is our big fundraiser of the year! The kids had a great time running, and we raised $11,245 before credit card processing fees! We brought the Kona Ice truck to campus to celebrate.
Huge shoutout to Clothesline, they provided Dragon Dash shirts free to every student and staff member! They are so soft and the design is awesome! Thank you, Clothesline!
Teacher Appreciation: We tried to shower our teachers with extra love this year. COVID
presented them with a lot of challenges and they deserved more than we could ever do for
them, but we tried our best to help them feel the love. Parents were extra generous this year. We surprised them with gift cards before winter break and hosted a hot cocoa bar. We brought the Rankin Taco truck for Tuesday 2/22/22,
Programs: Though most of our great programs were canceled this past year, we did provide funds for field trips for every grade, making most of the field trips cost each family either nothing or $5.