The 2019-2020 Jenny Maddox Service Award Goes to…
We want to thank and congratulate our super volunteer, Shauna Smith. She is the recipient of the 2019-2020 Jenny Maddox Service Award!
Thank you for all you do, Shauna!
SAST Reopening Plan Frequently Asked Questions
On July 15th, 2020 we hosted three Q&A sessions with SAST administrators about the reopening plan. Here are the most frequently asked questions and their answers. We hope this can help answer some of your questions.
We have limited stock of some of our awesome spirit wear! Check the current stock here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uPlOK54GLlMPDV5a5UgaQbwmBcTr2EAJGyqWVwzdk84/edit#gid=0
Please message us about purchasing one of these shirts. Youth sizes are $15 and adult sizes are $18. firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher Appreciation Week 2020
While this year’s TAW may look very different from those in the past, our teachers and support staff are working hard to keep our kids engaged, learning, and connected. We are coordinating an appreciation event called “SAST Signs of Love” for Sunday, May 3rd. Families are invited to show their appreciation by decorating the SAST car loop with signs and banners. Participate in our Cluster takeover by flooding your Cluster group with messages, pictures, videos and notes of thanks. When posting your shout outs please don’t forget our wonderful special area teachers, student services team, office staff and administrators. Email teachers and staff with notes of appreciation and support. Connect with your class liaison and other class families to create a group “Thank You”. PTSA will use funds remaining in the Teacher Appreciation budget to provide a meal for pickup from a local restaurant for all SAST staff members working during this time.
From the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU for a very successful Dragon Dash fundraiser. We raised $16,700!! Your generosity is immensely appreciated!
We also want you to know that your PTSA is here for SAST not just during the ordinary, fun times but also during these extraordinary times. Although we are now home-based in working to support the school, we wanted to update you as to some of the things your PTSA is doing, including:
- We continue to accept and review mini-grant requests from SAST teachers and staff.
- We are working with school administrators and the middle school team to provide funding and support as they make plans to celebrate our graduating 8th graders.
- We are discussing ways the PTSA can help our families safely connect and build community over the summer.
- We are also gearing up to celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week.
- We are busy sewing face masks for all teachers and their families.
Lastly, please note that our final PTSA General Meeting for the school year will be held via video conferencing. Stay tuned for more information. Please stay safe and balanced. And please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com with questions, comments, requests, etc. This time of social distancing will one day be a memory. When social mingling returns and our SAST family can be together again, we will have many more fun events to share
The SAST PTSA couldn’t do what we do without the help and financial contributions from our amazing parents! With this support, the PTSA is able to:
- Expand and improve our gorgeous play spaces.
- Provide mini-grants to teachers: helping fund field trips, classroom materials (rockets!), and professional development
- Host fun and enriching activities such as Family Reading Night, Family Movie Night, Game Night, and Skate Night
- Bring enriching programs such as the Reflections Art Program
- Make our teachers feel loved every Teacher Appreciation Week
- Fuel our kids with healthy snacks during testing
- Provide snacks to our teachers when they stay late for meetings
Do you have special interests or skills you’d like to share with us? Let us know! Are you limited in where or when you can volunteer? Let us help match you with a volunteer position that best suites you. Volunteering is a fantastic way to get to know other parents, show your children that you support their school, and keep these events running! We have volunteer opportunities for everyone: on-campus, and off, before and after school hours.
- Community Building
- Provide Free Family Programing to Promote Family Engagement
- Raise Funds to Support Teachers and Students
- Educate and Inform Parents on Issues Facing Charter Schools
PTSA Executive Board Members:
President: Kristin Schlorholtz
VP of Programming: Missy Raffensperger
VP Ways and Means: Celine Hertz
Corresponding Secretary: Jennifer Swerdzewski
Recording Secretary: Anne Marie Kovacik
Treasurer: Michele Lorch