Welcome to the School of Arts and Sciences on Thomasville Road’s Parent, Teacher, Student Association.
Looking for that perfect holiday gift for a special teacher or staff member?
Does she like coffee? Does he like sweets? We’ve asked the teachers and staff of SAST what strikes their fancy and collected the lists here:
The SAST PTSA couldn’t do what we do without the help and financial contributions from our amazing parents! With this support, the PTSA is able to:
- Expand and improve our gorgeous play spaces.
- Provide mini-grants to teachers: helping fund field trips, classroom materials (rockets!), and professional development
- Host fun and enriching activities such as Family Reading Night, Family Movie Night, Game Night, and Skate Night
- Bring enriching programs such as the Reflections Art Program
- Make our teachers feel loved every Teacher Appreciation Week
- Fuel our kids with healthy snacks during testing
- Provide snacks to our teachers when they stay late for meetings
Do you have special interests or skills you’d like to share with us? Let us know! Are you limited in where or when you can volunteer? Let us help match you with a volunteer position that best suites you. Volunteering is a fantastic way to get to know other parents, show your children that you support their school, and keep these events running! We have volunteer opportunities for everyone: on-campus, and off, before and after school hours.
- Community Building
- Provide Free Family Programing to Promote Family Engagement
- Raise Funds to Support Teachers and Students
- Educate and Inform Parents on Issues Facing Charter Schools
PTSA Executive Board Members:
President: Kristin Schlorholtz
VP of Programming: Missy Raffensperger
VP Ways and Means: Celine Hertz
Corresponding Secretary: Jennifer Swerdzewski
Recording Secretary: Anne Marie Kovacik
Treasurer: Michele Lorch